Saturday, March 17, 2007

Taking the Sexual Test Drive

I've heard single women admit, "I'd never marry a guy without sleeping with him first." But this is geared toward men. What does it say about a man who shrugs, "I'd have to sleep with a woman first ... to find out if we're sexually compatible."

I must be a simpleton, because my thinking goes like this:

You've already read about Mike the Mechanic. Mike can make a boat walk sideways to its mooring without steering the wheel. I know because I've seen him do it.

Mike can make boats do amazing things. Mike doesn't need how-to manuals, parking aids, engine additives, Dr. Phil or batteries to get the job done. Mike has the soft touch and feels how to make boats the size of a small apartment building come around.

Even in near-gale conditions when the bass-boaters are running for shore.

It's not even a matter of experience.

Mike listens to what the boat's doing, knows how to judge conditions like wind and current & doesn't fight the boat's disposition, knows when to apply or reverse the throttles and back down ... but most important no matter what happens or suddenly changes Mike doesn't give up, start screaming, blame the boat or the manufacturer, jump overboard and start looking for a new boat if things start getting hinky once he's committed.

Hmmm. Mike sticks with the plan he had it mind when he first got onboard.

I'm guessing Mike doesn't much feel the need to take any boat out "for a test drive" before he commits to one, either.

1 comment:

o.r.p. said...

If you find a boat that thinks like a woman, let me know. ;-) I'm just sayin...
--b