Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Lights! Laser!! Action!!!

Yesterday afternoon I had the PRK laser surgery on my right eye. This is me in the waiting area, waiting.


Then the nurse applied disinfectant.


Then, moments before the procedure was to begin, they said they wanted to videotape my PRK procedure, to use on the local cable channel. My excited enthusiasm was obvious.


I only asked for 2 conditions: that I be allowed to light and direct the action.


Then, it was showtime. The laser only zapped my eye for about 5 seconds before I yelled "Cut! That's a wrap!"


This is me back in the waiting area, Post-Op. Lasers make me happy, gee.


With a few minutes to kill before my ride arrived, I started wondering what I'd look like framed in a photo on the wall. Eeeh, I just don't have that "distinguished" thang goin' on.


Hey no kidding, the fact that doctors can use lasers to fix vision problems is a total MIRACLE imho ... and I'm grateful for not only the surgeon's skill but also for the nurses who went way outta their way to make sure I felt at-ease and non-hysterical.

They're some of the best folks I've met (and believers, too!) ... Thank Ya'll again for putting up with me.

1 comment:

o.r.p. said...

Best..post..ever!!!
Congrats on your lasering TV debut :-)
--b

ps- steve says he is collecting reference info on everything you need to know about cows for you to take to africa...