Sunday, December 16, 2007

Here’s MY Plan


1) I’m gonna go church-shopping till I find one I like ... one with a deep discount, that (a) tolerates my self-important ambition to be a big shot & make my own rules; or (b) either overlooks or permits the sins that give me the most physical pleasure & satisfaction ... and generally makes me feel good about ignoring God's plan for my life

Adjunct: I call the shots in my life, not the Holy Spirit

2) I don’t mind giving MY money to the church … so long as God rewards me (success, a relationship, material success) as much as I deserve. Beforehand.

Adjunct: My cash = my voice in church and all other decisions


Hey now.


If cell phones existed that could take calls across 2000 years of time, would you be too busy to take Christ's call today?

Huh? Aw gee Joe, that’s stupid & obvious and I'm starting to think you take all this stuff way too seriously! Heck oh yeah, I’d live my life different if I knew Jesus was about to call me on the phone, for Pete's sake.

What about right now ... when He stands at your door and knocks?


Where'’s the problem ... are ya blaming a loose connection for any ourtstanding communication issues?

No comments: