Monday, March 06, 2006

Here we go ...


I gotta confess right off that I’m still doubtful about blogging.

Last year when a friend first suggested I open a blog, the idea of keeping a public journal wasn’t something I got terribly excited about. I mean, who had the time to write new entries every day? Most of the blogs I'd already seen were drivel like, "My Spring Break 2006 with Mike, Jody and Buffy -The Beach Rocked!" with 36 dozen grainy jpgs attached.

I couldn't understand who actually bothered reading blogs like that and besides, I knew myself pretty well ... and I just didn’t see much new material simmering in my brain-pan to keeps folks coming back.

Skip ahead a year.

Since then I’ve discovered a handful of blog sites I visit daily because I’ve somehow come to feel I know the writers behind the blog ... and they all either write beautifully or have something interesting to say, or they've been thinking about or struggling with the same things I do … even if I’ve never met the folks on the screen, their words and emotions have become part of why I decided to give blogging a go.

So, that's how I got here.

Thanks in advance for stopping by. I'll be mixing some humor with more serious subjects in the future, so stay on your toes ... and let's see where the ball rolls. If you like what you find and decide to come back, that’s great. But if you ever start ranting or calling me names ..

Then that's great, too. I want to hear where you're coming from.

Here's the last thing to keep in mind: my ideas, rantings, advices and opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them.

1 comment:

ken said...

welcome to blogland