Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What's On Joe's Ipod?

Guess what? I don’t have an Ipod.

Here’s everything I know about Ipods: Ipods play mp3 music. Ipods come in assorted sizes and colors (like cell phones … I don’t have one of those either), which I guess must be important if you’re into accessorizing. What creeps me out is that Ipods have two dangling little wired things called “ear buds.”

Sorry, but I can’t consider in any way a device that’s designed and engineered by people I’ve never met to be inserted into my ear canal to be my “bud.” Can’t do it. “Ear Bud” just sounds too much like “Ear Weevil” or “Earwig Bud” but especially “Ear Botfly.” Lots of bad visuals.

BUT if I had to choose today what I’d take with me on an extended trip to the moon (or Belton) to play on my trusty Lear 8-track, here’s the first 16 songs that come to mind …

“Beneath the Icey Floe” Black Tape for a Blue Girl

“Cross Road Blues (alternate version) " Robert Johnson-King of the Delta Blues

“Death Letter” Son House

“He Reigns” Lee McD’s version-live

“Meantown Blues” Johnny Winter Live

“Let X=X/It Tango” Laurie Anderson

“Love in Vain” Robert Johnson

Moss Garden” David Bowie

“Porcelain” Moby

“Rebel Rebel” Seu Jorge

“Ring of Fire” Johnny Cash

“Sing to the King” Lee McD’s version-live

“Terraplane Blues” Robert Johnson

“The Noise We Make” Lee McD’s version-live

“Voodoo Child (Slight Return)” Jimi Plays Berkeley

“Wild Thing” Jimi Hendrix- Monterey Pop

Call me retro, call me a Luddite because Ipod I have not. Just please don’t leave your ear buds lying around on the kitchen table … and remember to wash your hands thoroughly with soap after each use.

No comments: