Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"... and Lord, please help all those other people, too."

"Lord, before I forget, please help all the Christians living in those poor other countries. Please help them not to die of diseases or starve to death or be killed in wars.

"Please help them have clothes and be strong in their suffering. And if it's your will, let please let their children be OK but if they get sick, please don't let them suffer too much before they die.

"Lord I know they don't speak English or look like I do, but that's not their fault. That doesn't make any difference to me so if you get a chance, please do what you can. It wouldn't take very much.

"I guess that's all I can think of for now. Amen.

"Oh PS. You already know this but please get our pastor straightened out. Make sure he keeps both feet on the ground and quits getting the church fathers riled up. Maybe it'd help if the deacons knocked him down a peg or two so he can see how we've always done things, I dunno.

"OK, that's it for me. Amen."