Sunday, June 29, 2008

what's wrong with my life?

It's not just spiraling gas prices or the unbearably hot weather or even the upcoming election that's on folks' minds. Sure seems like there's more than enough malaise to go around ...

I wish gas prices would go down.
I wish I made more money.
I wish I could find my perfect someone.
I wish I knew what to do about school.
I wish I had a nicer house ... a newer car ... a bigger boat.
I wish I had more friends/more people liked me.
I wish I was thinner/more muscular/better-looking.
I wish I was happier.
I wish I could take time out to breath.
I wish I knew where I'd be 5/10/20 years from now.
I wish I knew why I wasn't happy.

But not, I wish I could witness to more people about Christ ?

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
-2 Corinthians 4:6 (NIV)