Saturday, January 26, 2008

a short list for Saturday

From where I live there's simply no easy way to get anywhere from here.

Like, it's a 70-mile round trip to get a haircut and a15-mile round trip to check my mail. So I don't do either one very often.

Thus, on the drive to the post office this morning I started counting how many churches I passed along the way ... but forgot about that when I tried memorizing the portable church signs instead.

Here's 4 I remember:

1. It Takes Dirt to Make A Mountain Out Of A Mole Hill
2. Some People Are Anxious to Serve God - As Advisers
3. Jesus Love You and So Do We*
4. Try Less Self Control and More God Control

* Earlier in the week this same sign read "God Loves Your $ And So Do We." I figure that one had to be a late-night practical joker's mischief, right?

No comments: