Saturday, January 26, 2008

Singing Bulldogs, Crying Poodles

Walking across the Marina City parking lot tonight I spied a a big black pit bull sitting at the tailgate of the pickup truck parked beside me. As I strolled by my eyes locked in on his and I realized he'd seen me long before I'd spotted him.

Nothing happened, nothing at all.

That dog was a pure-T all-out 4-legged BAD MAN. But he seemed 100% bored, as if he was used to biting through engine blocks and outdrives in his spare time ... and yours truly didn't amount to much of a distraction.

The next SUV I passed had a blond cocker-poodle wearing a designer sweater lurking inside on the back seat: even though the windows were rolled up tight Mr. Poo lurched for me, enthusiastically launching at the window and resonating with rabid barks accompanied by a bright flashing of his pearly doggy-orthodontist maintained snappers.

The Poo was having a mood swing, and angrily let me know I didn't belong near his Blazer ... and announced that I'd probably wrinkled his new sweater just by walking past.

Somehow I think there was more than a thin glass window's worth of difference between them.

No comments: