Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Incredible Yellow Steve

For reasons sufficiently sufficient without mentioning, it seemed like a good idea this afternoon to get Yellow Steve groomed into some kind of (atypically) presentable shape.

Yeah boy, was I in for a shock.

I've never left Pete's Downtown with a large coffee sitting unsecured on the front seat, have I?

No no no. The only thing I remember ever spilling was a Diet Coke from Wendy's

And that large coffee from Pete's that I forgot about after buckling my seatbelt.

Look, if I'd been hauling an outboard engine around in the front seat all summer ya'll would tell me, right?

Or if I'd been driving The Tin Man back and forth to church every Sunday and used motor oil to keep him from squeaking at every red light, ya'll would have noticed that, right?

So what's up with the big grease-looking stain on the passenger seat?

Some of you may be wondering What's The Big Deal ... but then you might be wondering what it's like to spend all afternoon sobbing in the trunk of the grumblemobile, too.

No comments: