Saturday, February 10, 2007

Papa Needs a Brand New Bag

Hello, O.R.P. here, guest-writing at the Blue Book, because our dear Papa is still out of commission. He sits high on a hill, cold wind whipping around his stalwart, if dysfunctional, little boat. I picture Papa atop a boat named Ben, in turn on top of one of those boat trailers, which is on top of a parking lot on top of a hill.. it's kinda like a song we used to sing in elementary school.. but I digress.

So, my thought for the day is that Papa needs a few "brand new" things. If I had the money, here's what I'd buy him (in no particular order):
1) A New Sea Camper. We'd get some psychic or something to transfer the soul of Ben into the new boat.. then Joe wouldn't be in danger of sinking.. once he hits the water, that is.
2) A new SUV that does not have any Lucas ELectric components. A Hummer maybe? Or one of those old Toyota Land Cruisers...
3) A new love interest.. someone of appropriate age, maturity, and character to give our Papa the lovin he so richly deserves. But then I probably wouldn't be able to buy this one.. Hmm.
4) A horse. Horses are good for everything that ails ya.. they're friendly and warm and they always know the way home even when you get lost on the trails. Like dogs, their needs are simple, though they are a lot of work to maintain. Still, Papa needs one, if only so he can go riding with me and Trigger.

And with that, I am going to bed. Before I go, a special O.R.P. edition of the playlist:

"Big Ovaries" - Saffire the Uppity Blues Women
"The River"- Wanda Johnson
"Caldonia" - Louis Armstrong (I think. If not, I apologize to BB King)

1 comment:

joe hall said...

Man, B. I'd happily date someone of my own maturity except I hate driving, and they can't. :-)