Saturday, October 06, 2007

Huddle Up [2 scrambled, grits, 2 biscuits, a waffle ... and a tiger tale]

A few loose odds 'n ends in time for the weekend ...

- What Kinda Crazy Nut Would Do This?
At 6:45 am there musta been 70 bass boats on the water, poised in a half-circle near the gas dock. Looked like they were waiting for a 7AM Starting Signal to begin a weekend tournament ... then I saw another dozen waiting to be off-loaded from their trailers.

OK, I don't understand why anybody'd get up and leave the house by 2:00 AM to go bass-fishing, I just don't.

Especially when Live Formula 1 Qualifying from the Grand Prix of China stayed on until 3AM. ---And if you can't watch racing live, why bother?

- Francis Lands On Double-Overtime Secret Phone Restriction, Indeed
I love Francis dearly, ya'll know this. But while she's always had a sense of humor, in the past few months her wit has become spontaneous, razor-sharp & blistering. Problem is, we wait till the rates go down at 9PM ... so by the time we get off the phone I'm laughing so hard I can't even think about falling asleep and end up sleep-deprived the next day.

Francis, stop making me laugh so hard. So late and so often. Indeed.

-I Refuse To Believe In Gravity
Somebody fell on the dock the other day. I've seen lots of people fall and think falling is unfair. They say it's because of gravity, but I just can't believe gravity would be so unfair. That's how I came to the conclusion gravity doesn't exist. Because I don't like falling.

-I Hope You're Still Not Here To Read This
Yesterday I heard that high school kids are having sex "like animals in a zoo."

Does that explain why they can't read, or find South Carolina on a map?

-Finally, I Reckon
After bombing in theaters, Grindhouse is out on DVD.

-pApa'S PURe wReTChed MeAneSS Department
The other day a friend over on Dock 14 told me, "You ever need tickets to home games, let me know. I got two for ya anytime you want 'em." True.

Gosh too bad I'm a Spurrier fan, eh?

No comments: