Friday, December 19, 2008

Execution Counts

(Friday humor, I hope)

Remarked here the other day that the marina turns off the dockside faucets in mid-November, to keep their pipes from freezing.

So, how are folks on boats supposed to take a shower?  The marina has a (nice) shower room, open 24x7 (assuming you've got an electronic fob, or pass).

It's a great, well thought-out facility.  Each shower has its own private dressing area, with a bench ... and three clothes hooks on the wall, for convenience.  It's much nicer than the primitive, cramped shower stall on Calypso ... and there's practically unlimited hot water (unlike Calypso).

It's just ... it's just that no matter how hard I try, no matter how careful I try to be and no matter how much I try to concentrate, it's still proved impossible for me to shower and change clothes ... without dropping at least some of my clean clothes on the wet shower floor.

My clean-clothes fiasco has been ongoing for years.

It's true: all my dirty clothes will remain obediently in place, but all things clean can't wait to find the floor, and usually land in exactly the place where the water's standing deepest.  Why is that?

Got absolutely no idea whatsoever; maybe what I need is a fallback plan.

No comments: