Sunday, October 29, 2006

Bad habits I picked up at church

Yup, I bolted awake again this morning at 3:42 AM.

I previously described that this routine is a leftover from the old days, when arriving at 6 AM sharp on Sunday mornings to avoid Jake's wrath was essential.

But Daylight Saving Time meant the actual time this morning was 2:42 AM ... with the first service still 6 hrs 15 mins away. I need to cut that out, no kidding.

Other Bad Habits from Church

Peanut Butter Pie - I never ate desserts until I became a member you-know-where. Now I can hardly leave the house without a tacklebox full of chocolate bars ... which I'd quit eating since the fifth grade.

Tar-black Coffee - Used to be you could read the newspaper through the coffee I brewed ... but now my joe's gotta stick to the wall before it's drinkable. And I don't mind the sensation of centipedes nesting in my scalp anymore. Really. Thank Ken for this one.

Ice Cream - I hated it. Literally thought it was disgusting and a vice. Now guess what's stocked-up in the freezer?

Clemson Football - actually went to one game. Had a good time. The Tiger fans were great. Now I understand what all the excitement's about.

I look forward to being around friends from church. Whoa.
Better read that through twice. Wow, it's true.

(I'm saving this joke for the first person from New Spring I see when I get to Heaven: "Wow, I haven't seen you for an eternity!")

-----------------
Don't forget the MotoGP World Championship will be decided this afternoon at 3:30 on speed.tv from Valencia, Spain.

Things look grim for "The Kentucky Kid" Nicky Hayden (somehow this "Aw shucks, we's just racin" guy makes girls drool) ... but rival Valentino Rossi has already proved he has more fear of losing than he does of going face-first over the handlebars.


If you've never seen motorcycles drag their footpegs at 200mph over a road course, this will be the race to watch. Promise.

No comments: