Thursday, October 26, 2006

The end of the world as we know it

Blogging's salad days are over. I just did a quick tally, and realized there's 36 blogs in my folder I check regularly.

Or, used to ... because the authors don't post often enough to maintain my interest.

-Seems like 75% of those post fewer than twice a month.

-15% post about once a week

-6% have something to say, but don't say it often enough

-With just one exception, I talk to all the others at least once a day on the phone

At least once every waking hour I keep coming back to lb's post about how much time gets wasted on-line, waiting for something interesting to show up on the screen. She no longer has internet service at home.

I'm really gonna do it too, I am, just as soon as I get three good e-mails in a row on an even-numbered Tuesday.

Stuff I've Learned from Luke Department:

No matter how important whatever you're doing at the moment seems, now's a good time to suddenly stop ... and start scratching.

Pressure-Cooker Full-Length Double-FF Friday Fandango Playlist

Look, it's hard to keep coming up with music to transcend and describe that magical place in the space/time dimension we share (popularly known as The Electric City, USA), but I do my best to kick down doors, take names and bust all barriers between us.

You asked for it, doggone it you got it.

Thunderbird - ZZ Top
Backdoor Medley - ZZ Top
Be Still My Beating Heart - Sting

1 comment:

Life Inside the Champagne Bubble said...

Do you like "Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procul Harem? We do, it is on the Big Chill soundtrack. It seems appropriate to life in A-town.