Sunday, May 06, 2007

When Men Suck

Last Thursday I got to witness two unrelated incidents that made me wanna scream out loud.

One episode involved a man's detached carelessness ... and apparent disregard for his 7-year old daughter's feelings. In his rush to get where he was going, somehow he forgot where he'd left her dog.

OK.

Me? I'd trade his big-buck boat on the spot to get her dog back. But then I'm impractical that way.

The other included a guy and a much younger girl (she was probably 15. Maybe.) who certainly believes this almost-man is exciting, dangerous and living on the edge. Or even worse, that he cares for and is "in love" with her. Believing The Lie You Wanna Believe is easy.

Heck, what do I know? Maybe he was ... at least for the 25 minutes they were alone before he had to rush her back home.

I'd send the girl an alarm clock if I knew her name and address.

But nah, her wake-up call is already on its way.

1 comment:

Lynx217 said...

at age 15 she don't need to be seeing anyone over the age of 21. otherwise it's just sick. but past about 21 age doesn't matter as much anymore. my fiancee is 19 years older than me almost, and although sometimes we have our issues, it's not because of the age difference. maybe it's because I've always felt too smart around people my own age. I don't know. but regardless, a 15 yr old don't need to be with an old man PERIOD.