Monday, April 10, 2006

Equal Time for Blondes

After receiving a fairly insistent e-mail from a high-powered no-nonsense attorney out in LA, who after reading Saturday's blonde joke threatened to litigate me with enough thunder to rattle the loose change out from under my sofa cushions if I didn't straighten up & start acting right, I figured I'd better post something positive about blondes ASAP:

Once upon a time, in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self-assured, blonde princess happened upon a frog as she sat on the shore of her quiet pond in a romantic meadow near her castle.

The frog jumped into the princess' lap and said: "Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince until an evil witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper, young prince that I am. And then my sweet, we can marry and set up housekeeping in yon castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children and shuttle them around the village in a minivan, mow my grass, rub my back, go grocery shopping and forever feel grateful and happy doing so."

Later that evening, as the princess dined sumptuously on a repast of lightly sauteed frogs legs delicately seasoned in an onion cream sauce she chuckled, smiled to herself and thought. . . .

"I don't think so, my dear prince."

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

did someone really send you a threat b/c of a post...WOW...you've got a lot more power than you probably thought...go joe!