Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Meantown Blues



Takes me a bit longer to get up and running smoothly in the mornings than it used to. Anybody who's tried pull-starting a weedeater after the temperature dips below zero knows what I'm talking about. You gotta do things in a certain & exact order ... fiddle with the priming bulb, adjust the throttle, and play with the trimmer head.

I've got my first hour down to something like this:

4:10 AM Wake up
4:11 AM Let Luke out
4:12-4:41 AM: Clean up Luke's "library"
(Luke enjoys eating hard-cover books after scanning for pictures)
4:42-4:44 AM: Start coffee & ramen noodles
4:45- 4:46 AM: Snicker while Luke exercises cats
4:47 AM: Start start-up music
4:48-5:10 AM: Check e-mail, blogs
5:11-7:06 AM: Search for misplaced coffee cup

If coffee and ramen noodles is breakfast, then Start-Up Music is surely dessert.

I did Daft Punk first-thing for a while, then realized repeated exposure to Da Funk at 747 takeoff volume was causing my major organs to start swapping places.

Robert Johnson Tuesday:
Stones in My Pathway
Love In Vain
Ramblin' On My Mind
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Kind Hearted Woman
Terraplane Blues
(Incredible ... just 1 guy, 5 fingers, and 1 KG-14 guitar)

First 3 from It Must Be LOST Wednesday:
Meantown Blues - Johnny Winter Live
Got This Thing On the Move - Grand Funk Railroad
Kick Out the Jams - MC5

ps. For Dog Thursday Luke suggested:
Take Me to the Sunrise - Blues Image
Inside Looking Out - Grand Funk Railroad
Combination of the Two - Big Brother & The Holding Company


I'd get Luke a Dog-pod if he'd just quit reading so many books ...

No comments: