Monday, April 24, 2006

Nice Neighbor

Owning a house is lots of work & upkeep, but the additional privacy is indispensable.

That's why I can be up at 5:35 AM with Take Me to the Sunrise already cranked up so loud there's plaster falling from the ceiling in huge chunks ... you need speakers standing at least 18" higher than you are tall ... and while the dog may be cowering next to the clothes dryer, the neighbors never hear a thing.

Yesterday's 6:00 PM Service Smoked the Dust from Between My Ears.


Lee and the band was so amazing (sitting just seven rows from the stage, I could still hear the congregation singing over the band during Holy Holy Holy) and The Big Guy covered so much material during the 11:15, I only felt a little guilty about going back for seconds.

If I could put that kind of energy in my gas tank I'd have no problem getting 60 miles to the gallon. Now, where's my water pistol?

No comments: