Sunday, June 03, 2007

Life's little ironies

Awesome time yesterday at the family reunion over in Hartwell (more later) ... but around 4 AM this morning as I lurched up in bed reaching for the door handle, an odd thought struck me:

Isn't it odd that I can spend 6 weeks in Africa consuming all sorts of uncooked fruits, raw vegetables, under-cooked and unnamed meats (including the odd flying insect or two) with only the slightest digestive complaint, but get then laid low from a covered-dish reunion lunch?

(Musta been the potato salad ... and probably store-bought at that.)

"I Only Get Cramps When I Laugh" Pepto-Playlist:
Running Down A Dream - Tom Petty

PS.
Dinner last night with Jamie, Emilay and Heather (friends from NS) included Seaweed Salad and both Geisha & Cucumber sushi rolls.

Hmmm, whaddya think?

No comments: