Sunday, June 24, 2007

Look ,Jane, Look. It's raining possums

I'd tell you about everything that happened today, except I can't remember everything that happened today.

There's a big fire burning over on Andersonville Island. The smoke's been rising like a hundred-story high silo for days. Somebody on the radio said somebody's keeping an eye on it. Somebody said it's under control.

Watched Walk the Line while anchored out this afternoon, and cried when Johnny Cash proposed to June Carter.


Did you know she wrote Ring of Fire? Did you know Fleetwood Mac originally did Black Magic Woman?


Did you know Fleetwood Mac also did Silver Spring?

This morning I called Ken on his cell, and Jake answered.

Driving Calypso back from Horseshoe after sunset tonight was easy; I just followed the lightning flashes all the way to the marina restaurant.

At the restaurant, I just misssed seeing a posssum fall through the ceiling. Servers swatted and kept it cornered in a booth with napkins, until a regular customer walked over, picked the posssum up by the neck and carried it outside.

All the regulars can do stuff like that, especially when no one's watching.

Gas Dock Ashley told me how she was cusssed out today by an irate customer.

Here on Dock 6, people who drive pontoon boats are called Tooners. But I think they mean Tunas.

Talked to Fran tonight as she was driving home from work. Soon as she got out of the car she walked into a spider's web. And I heard it all happening live. Yeah, that reminded me of the time two months ago on Dock 6 when ... ah, indeed.

Why am I up so late? Because my wristwatch lost track of time ... and an hour ago I thought it was only 9:18

No comments: