Sunday, July 27, 2008

Keep it like I like it (said the enemy)

Does this sound familiar?

The chairman of the deacons waits for his moment, then calmly takes the pastor aside and firmly let's him know, "We appreciate your ideas and enthusiasm, but our church doesn't do things that way.

"And besides, we don't have the money or any idea how we'd get it. So there's no point bringing up the subject again. If you know what I mean."

The pastor smiles and forces a nod ... then he doesn't get much sleep for the rest of the week ... because his vision just revealed the tumor that's sickening the body.

-- -- --

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
- Matthew 19:26

Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?" He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
- Matthew 17:19-21

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
- John 14:12