Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I believe in I Am

"I am that I am (Hebrew: אהיה אשר אהיה, pronounced Ehyeh asher ehyeh) is a common English translation (King James Bible and others) of the response God used in the Bible when Moses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14). It is one of the most famous verses in the Torah. Hayah means "existed" or "was" in Hebrew; "ehyeh" is the first person singular imperfect form. Ehyeh asher ehyeh is generally interpreted to mean I am that I am, though it more literally translates as "I-shall-be that I-shall-be."" - wikipedia

Keep my commands and follow them. I am the LORD.
- Leviticus 22:31

'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.
- Leviticus 26:1

I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
- John 8:58

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- John 14:6

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
- Revelation 22:13