Saturday, May 06, 2006

Adventure Is Where You Find It


Ken's new house has a big sprawling yard. So far Ken's been using a push-power to get the mowing done. Obviously Ken could be spending his time more efficiently and productively.

That's why this morning I topped up the tank, and right now am heading up Highway 81 on my little John Deere lawn tractor to Ken's house. It's 6.5 miles or about 4 hours from where I live to Ken's house, so my ETA is around 2 pm. I figure that's plenty of time to get back home before dark, but I checked the headlight before leaving and besides, there's plenty of gas stations between here and Ken's house.

Won't Ken be very, very surprised.

Today's Don't Honk At Papa While He's Riding His John Deere In Traffic Playlist:

Can't Find My Way Home - Widespread Panic (Uber Cobra)

2 comments:

ken said...

Don't under estimate the effects of (1) the iPod, (2) several hours of distraction free solitude, and (3) the hot, hot sun on one's creativity. I think I may have found my new muse.

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

hahaha....what a nice gesture!