Monday, May 08, 2006

Why Didn't I Think of This Before?


I hardly ever drank coffee until about 2 years ago.

Then I met a genuine coffee meister (I don't wanna use his real name so let's call him "Ken") whose insights and brewing brilliance reversed my negative biases against coffea arabica. Now it seems like the day never quite kick-starts without it.

Still coffee-making was a chore and being chronically ADD I stayed fidgety about waiting 4 minutes for my little single-cup French Press to finish brewing. Then lightning struck my idea antenna like a howitzer and made me realize I'd been overlooking a simple solution.

Last night I pre-filled a 4-cup Mr. Coffee and moved it to my nightstand.

Viola! I've got hot coffee without having done more than roll over in my sleep.

Tonight I'm putting a George Foreman grill (I figure frozen bacon will thaw properly overnight) beside the Mr Coffee and plan on staying in bed really late or until the phone starts ringing ... anyway I start feeling guilty if I'm not up & moving by 5am.

Today's Playlist: It's dreary today in the Electric City so we'll keep things smooth and mellow ... at least until the sun burns off the murk.

Drifting - Jimi Hendrix (sweeter, more memorable than you might imagine)

Pick
Just One So You Don't Spoil Your Supper:

Fantasia On A Theme By Thomas Tallis
- Ralph Vaughan Williams
If you do classical music at all this moody, introspective piece probably deserves a listen during the after-lunch doldrums. At least it's more rewarding than surfing Ebay for Kula Shaker bootlegs or answering wrong numbers on the office phone.

Mountain
Jam - The Allman Brothers Band -The Fillmore Concerts
Dwayne Allman's guitar (between 27:25-30:36) becomes a voice of contrition and comes closer to expressing ... well, if you've ever had a heartache and then got an unexpected chance at starting over I don't have to say anything else - but no fair skipping ahead to hear it first.

No comments: