Monday, May 08, 2006

Get Your Guayabera On


I'm awfully glad Capri Pants for Men never quite caught on. The fall camouflage craze made masculine fashion sense kinda touch and go there for a bit (can you imagine Camo Capris for Men?), but except for a handful of waiters dashing through chi chi sushi bars in Atlanta I think the Capris for Men danger, at least for now, has passed.

Capri Pants For Men is plenty nauseous enough ... but I gotta wonder how long it'd be before guys wearing capri pants started wanting wedges, too. All I can say about that is, Yikes.

On the other hand I'm kinda sorry guayabera shirts also struck out. I don't have any explanation; 100% cotton guayabera shirts seem like they'd be perfect summer casual attire here in the Upstate ... but what do I know about things?

A friend brought me back a guayabera shirt from Havana several years ago, but clumsy as I am I'd probably spill picadillo all over the front ... so I've never worn my guayabera, not a single time.

Maybe I'll try it on in a few minutes, after cueing-up today's playlist ...

Take Time Out for A Terrific Tuesday Playlist:

Falling In and Out of Love/Amie - Pure Prarie League
Can't You See (live) - Marshall Tucker Band - Searchin' for a Rainbow

[If you're feeling anxious about ever finding your Perfect Someone, listen to these two songs and remember ... your Perfect Someone is still out there waiting to find you, too.]
River Seeks the Deep - Rafael - Music to Disappear In II
Healing Dance - Raphael - Music to Disappear In II

2 comments:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I have a confession...I like capri pants on guys...there was this one guy in college...who rocked them (and he was hot by the way...)..and they really looked great.

ok. enough confession time

ken said...

Capris are out for guys??? (slowly puts capris back in closet).