Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Too Hot to Handle


The bedroom air conditioner quit working last night, making sleep in the 90+ degree temperature almost impossible. So here's a few things I thought about in the meantime:

Favorite TV Shows
Now that LOST is on hiatus until season 3, my new favorite show is "Hogan Knows Best" on VH1. This reality series follows the Hogan family through their day to day lives in their 20,000 square foot home in Clearwater, Florida. Say whatever you want, any 52-year old guy with tie-dyed bandanas and a platinum-dyed goatee deserves to be taken seriously, brother.

My next favorite show is "The Deadliest Catch" on the Discovery Channel. Crab fishing in the Bering Sea is the most dangerous occupation on earth ... more deadly than coal mining, lumberjacking or motorcycle racing. Incredible action and real-life drama make this show practically addictive.

I also enjoy any televangelist offering prayer rugs, magic healing water, blessed key chains, self-annointing oil or apostolic hair extensions ... in exchange for supporting his ministry through your generous love offering. Bonus Points if there's a close-up of the guy and his wife sobbing during his sales pitch; two Gold Stars if his wife's eye liner starts running down her cheek.

I forget whether there's any other show I like, guess not.

Life's Biggest Disappointment:
After graduating from college I approached a wrestling promoter and told him if he'd just give me a chance in the ring, I had a schtick guaranteed to make me the worst villain in wrestling history. I'd dress in a cat costume so I could use my whiskers and tail as weapons and call myself "Mr Biggles - the Backyard Bone Breaker." Then he told me professional wrestling was FAKE.

I think he was terrified, and only threw me out of his office because my idea was years ahead of its time.

What Makes Women Attractive?
Young and ancient; innocent and corrupt; in every woman, a mystery. - John Fowles, The Magus (probably the only 900 page novel I've read in just 3 sittings; yes it is that good)

Would I Ever Bungi Jump Over Victoria Falls?
No ... and you can't make me.



















Dumbest Urban Gangsta Idiom I Ever Did Hear:
Yesterday I saw P. Diddy on a TV commercial for ProActiv Solution. Diddy informed us it's essential for him to wear the right clothes, drive the right car and have unblemished skin to "Preserve his sexy." He said it with a straight face, too.

Being somewhat less hip than P. Diddy, I preserve my sexy by occasionally trimming my nose hair.

TODAY'S AWESOME TUESDAY PLAYLIST
Don't get mad, but in general songs written by women strike me as a bit too whiney, introspective and self-pitying. These are two of the powerful exceptions; more words would be wasteful. [... in every woman, a mystery. Indeed.]

Throwing Fire At the Sun - Heather Nova ("Oyster" CD)
Sugar - Heather Nova ("Live From the Milky Way" CD)


Hogan Knows Best

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/hogan_knows_best/series.jhtml

The Deadliest Catch
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/deadliestcatch.html

Bungi Jumping at Victoria Falls
http://www.whereisevan.com/africa99-2.html

ProActiv Solution Celebrity Testimonials
http://www.proactiv.com/celeb/spot.php?pactvid=339cc64b15e1479f3313002755c4161c

No comments: