Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Biggest Dummy You'll Ever Meet

I'm totally commited to the concept of empowerment.

To me empowerment means the capability of solving most any situation solo, that is, without hiring either "professionals" or anyone who brags about their "work experience." That's why I'm a big fan of the "Dummy" book series.

You've seen them at the bookstore with titles like ...
Auto Repair for Dummies
Investing for Dummies
Long Haul Trucking for Dummies

Dating and Finding a Mate for Dummies

On my bookshelf at home I've already got
Cooking for Dummies
Basic Sewing for Dummies
Competitive Chainsaw for Dummies
Sponge Diving for Dummies
Home Electrical Wiring for Dummies
Vacuuming and Kitchen Clean-up for Dummies
Haircuts and Non-Surgical First Aid for Dummies

Here's some other Dummy books I'd like to see:

Blues Guitar for Dummies
Home Dentistry & Plastic Reconstructive Surgery for Dummies
Talk Like A Yankee for Dummies
Blogging for Dummies
Writing Self-Help Books for Dummies
LOST for Dummies

But the one I'd like to see the most would be The Dummies Guide to Guides for Dummies

Just hope I can remember the title by the time it hits the bookshelves.

No comments: