Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Buttery Flavored Jiffy Blisters

Unbelievable. A few minutes ago I tried making popcorn during a commercial break in "The Deadliest Catch." Almost 3 minutes later I could tell I was facing a crisis because the bag looked sadly deflated, sorta like the month-old bleu cheese omelet I've been saving in the fridge for emergencies.

More than aggravated about missing my story, I jerked open the microwave & yanked out the bag .............. which proceeded to pour its contents of boiling butter straight onto my outstretched hand. Sure, I screamed.

It was loud and I danced The Chicken Dance and slammed a few doors. I'm not ashamed. Maybe you're thinking I said bad words but I didn't.

Remember I'm the guy who still hasn't learned any better than to hold his hand against a clothes iron to see if it's hot. I wonder sometimes whether I'm co-ordinationally challenged.

Now I think I'm gonna sit still for a while, and not touch anything ... at least not without adult supervision.

No comments: