Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What's Meanest?

I'm puzzled and at a loss to decide what's the meanest, the absolutely most evil & cruel, of these three beasties:

1) Alaskan King Crabs. A single pincer can snap off a finger like stale cornbread ("The Deadliest Catch") and King Crabs have two. A mature King Crab can weigh up to half a ton and move across the sea floor at almost 80 miles an hour. Or maybe I'm thinking of zebras.

2) Lobsters. Totally ornery & obstinate, probably from being hassled by yankee-talking dudes with long hair and Boston accents. Every lobster I've seen acts like it's got a grudge and would toss you into a vat of boiling water if it could. If I had claws I'd feel the same way, for sure.

3) Household Cats. Ah, the stories I could tell. But no one would believe me. I've heard an adult male cat can consume an adult human being in 15 minutes, give itself a bath, and meow to go outside while purring the whole time. That's just plain scary, and wrong in the worst possible way.

No comments: