Friday, June 30, 2006

Misc Photography Platitudes


I shot this image late in the late afternoon on my first trip to Great Sand Dunes, using a deep red filter and a Pentax 67.


Maybe the absolutely most difficult thing is revealing a woman's face using just one tungsten light. 8x10 Tri-X negative developed in Pyro, 16x20" print on Agfa vc paper, developed in Amidol.


A photographer much wiser than me once explained, "If titles are necessary to explain your images, then you have failed as a photographer." I stopped shooting color a few minutes later.
8x10 Tri-X negative developed in Pyro, 11x14" print on Agfa vc developed in Amidol.

2 comments:

o.r.p. said...

Omigosh, Heather, do I recognize that hat??

Once again, awesome work! :)

--b

joe hall said...

Omigosh, ya'll are way too kind. Really, I appreciate the nice words.