Friday, June 16, 2006

Playing Catchup


Digital House-Keeping 101
Folks e-mail in with questions & comments I keep forgetting to respond to.

In no particular order here we go:

1) Yeah, it's my hair. I mean I guess it's mine, I paid for it.

2) You're probably right I just don't remember. I lost interest before the popcorn got cold. I'll try watching it again ... but first ya gotta promise not to hit me.

3) Don't buy a boat. What you want is a friend who's already got a boat and is still enthusiastic about trying to make it run ... without sinking or catching fire.

4) About 2.5 hours a day but I'm trying to cut back. Wordage is a struggle.

5) It's what I'm listening to at that moment. Loud enough to kill flying insects.

6) Why haven't you been posting, Mr. Spears? Diddy's watching. (Don't make me have to drive over there ...)

7) No one. Just whatever grabs my attention when I sit down at the keyboard.

What Fun! Department
Imagine you turbocharged your LinkSys WRT54GL wireless router and then hooked it up to the boat in your driveway's Icom IC-M802 150 watt SSB marine transceiver. Why, by simply writing a few lines of code and adjusting the antenna gain you'd have no trouble at all joining wireless networks say, from I-85 Exit 27 south all the way past Main Street.

You'd not only have noise-free Wi-Fi service from as far away as Venezuela, enjoy both XM and Sirius service simultaneously on your PC, connect to Globalstar satellites, but could also program your lawn tractor to do the front yard just by using the TV remote.

But here's the best part ... cutting your Mac pal's After Effects rendering times in half by simply adding the processing power of an Atari 800 to his watch folder. Technology is amazing, really.

No comments: