Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Is This A Sin?

I know better than to let feelings of rage or wrath control me, and I'm much improved when it comes to entertaining fantasties of payback and retaliation. Still ...

The last movie to evoke my gag reflex was Sideways ... which amounted to a grandiose, predictably indulgent 123 minute pity party with about as much emotional depth as a gum wrapper.

Then this morning NetFlix asked me to rate Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Nevermind that imdb.com listed an 8.6/10 rating with 77,734 votes, placing Eternal Sunshine #38 in the all-time Top 250 list. The film amounted to an over-directed & manipulative mind-trip to nowhere.

Although rating Eternal Sunshine with one star was deliciously gratifying, I wish I coulda gone much farther ... like personally penalizing Jim Carrey with a huge career fine. Even if pulling Bruce Almighty and Ace Ventura off DVD rental shelves for a year sounds a lot like revenge.

Eternal Sunshine's tagline is Would You Erase Me?

Gladly. If only I could.

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

hahaha...i won't mention names...bu i know people who say that it is their fave movie of all time...lucky for me...i didn't waste 2 hours of my life watching it. :)