Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Captain and The Kid

My first night out with The Kid was a bust. There, I said it.

After spending all day together I felt like she was in the mood for a twilight ride through the moonlight, but the alternator light came on before I left the "No Wake Zone" ... and even with the VHF radio up and working I wasn't ready to renew my longterm relationship with towboat.us (it's probably bad seamanship when the towboat captain hails you by your first name, has your phone number memorized and carries around towing receipts pre-printed with your account info).

Here, I'll admit something else: I spent the day working on The Kid's electrics ... which actually worked fine during our 3-hour cruise on Saturday, so I've got no idea why anything went wrong tonight.

Go figure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Go figure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GSjj9y0rmo

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about "the kid"...that's so weird. everything went so great saturday. maybe he's just tired.

judith

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.