Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Finally!

Kept having this problem about a pesky indicator light hinting the batteries aren't getting enough juice to stay charged while the engine's running.

Mike did some testing with his multimeter this afternoon, and after 30 minutes of discussion we're pretty sure it's the alternator that's the culprit.

Or the battery cables, the battery selector switch, the positive DC feed, the diodes, the triodes, loose battery lugs, corroded ring connectors, a loose screw hidden somewhere, rust, dust, The Green Monster in general maybe or because it's Wednesday.

But it might be something else, too.

2 comments:

o.r.p. said...

Ha! I know how to take care of pesky indicator lights (when you can't just ignore them, that is).. unscrew the bulb! :-D

--b

joe hall said...

The thing is, I still think boats get an undeservedly bad reputation. I mean, I can think of LOTS more things that cost more money and make less sense.







No, I can't.