Sunday, December 31, 2006

Mulling on a dreary day

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Would a Christian go skydiving? Drive a race car? How about bungee diving or riding motorcycles?

All those things can be dangerous, but they also involve some thrill-seeking ... which hints back to If my life is already full, then why Do It? and Who am I doing this for?

Oops don't get the wrong idea; I'm not about to become a legalist.

I'm OK with racing cars and riding motorcycles. But who in their right mind would jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

I don't get it, but then I don't have to.

Not every thing is right for every Christ-follower's conscience ... and if diving off a 700-foot tower with a rubber band strapped around your ankle and nothing else to cushion a boo-boo except pavement is OK with you ... well, I'd rather keep my conscience clear on that one.

Have a Happy (and safe) New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could think of three people who would willingly jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
FF