Friday, December 29, 2006

Our special today is ...

After blistering my fingers off earlier this week rattling off big words about being decisive and letting Yes mean Yes, this morning I got the chance to see how good n' chewy words really taste.

See, I had a skull-scraping headache yesterday morning (it started even before I got to dj's- ha). I never get headaches, really never, and this one arrived with all its friends, family and pets. Things got intense enough that I forgot all about having a haircut appointment that afternoon.

But I did remember around 8 pm last night. Yaaaa, and when I called first thing this morning to apologize and reschedule I received the dreaded "Well, I'll call you if I get an opening." Only she didn't ask for my number. Oooops.

The fact that I missed the appointment and didn't call to cancel in advance wasted her time much more than it did mine. And it wasn't even her headache.

Big words ... and I'm still chewing.

"Hope you're still hungry 'cause there's more on the table ..." Department

Seems sometimes my big blogging words get served back piping hot, with horseradish gravy and vinegar on the side. There's lots to chew on, more than enough to keep me busy.

No comments: