Tuesday, December 26, 2006

What's it all about?

The thing about the traditionalists with the blog I mentioned yesterday is that in their zeal to emphasis the importance of their fundamentalist perspective, they're overlooking what their dogma seems to be suggesting ... and it's not exactly subtle.

When these folks boast (yep, boast) about the critical urgency of perpetuating the requirements of their traditions ... well, I wonder if they've realized that insisting on their rules, their traditions, their constitution and their political positions might be implying that faith and devotion to a living Christ isn't enough, that Grace won't get the job done, and that the Holy Spirit somehow needs the assistance of whatever resolutions this year's convention chooses to support.

Just saying, and just trying to be constructive, with love.

"So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, "Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with 'unclean' hands?"

He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

" 'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me." Mark 7:5-6 (NIV)


"For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!" Galatians 2:19-21 (NIV)

No comments: