Friday, August 10, 2007

The Black and Blue Book - with followup

I try not to sugar coat or polish-over my adventures here at The Blue Book. This morning's episode is already feeling like it's gonna come back to haunt me, but we're too far in already to even think about backing down now ....

After weeks of planning, this morning seemed like the right time to finally add a municipal water inlet and re-plumb Calypso's cold water pressure system. And with months and months of practical experience under my belt, I felt confident that the entire operation would go smoothly ... at least, as smoothly as anything can go when it comes to boats. Indeed.

Yep, except. Except ... there's always that one big EXCEPT.

Except that when I screwed in the new faucet and turned on the water, I was horrified to discover I'd totally forgotten to attach the new fitting to the aft sink ... and water was flooding into my sleeping quarters at exactly the rate you'd expect from your garden hose. Because my hose was attached to the marina's water faucet. You see.

A good friend recently (and humorously?) referred to my present circumstances as Living the Life. Only trouble is, sometimes I get to live it by the bucketfuls.

Literally.

And It Only Gets Worse ...
-from the "I Sure Miss My Noodles" Department:

After posting the previous entry, I picked up some Quick & Easy Chow Mein dinners and a family-pack of Ramen noodles at The Dollar Store ... and didn't realize the cashier had put my noodles in a second bag till after I got back to the marina.

No comments: