Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thank You

I was about a half-mile from the marina just a few minutes ago, and started smelling fuel inside the truck. I figured I musta stepped in something at the gas station, so I didn't pay too much attention.

But once I stopped and parked I noticed gray wisps of smoke drifting up from the truck's bed, and when I climbed out, significant plumage was billowing out from the front fenders as well.

That's when I began to astutely suspect a fuel hose leak ... especially after I spied prodigious amounts of raw fuel dumping onto the pavement under the truck. You know, where the engine and all its hot parts live together as one happy flammable family.

Can't help but start thinking What If ... what if instead of being so close to home, I'd been on the interstate, kept on going, and got spontaneously combusted into a diesel french fry?

That would ... well, I'd rather not think about it.

No comments: