Saturday, August 25, 2007

D is for Discernment

It's kinda troubling how the "D" in my middle name kept changing meanings through the years.

I'm pretty sure D first stood for Dummy (and said so on my birth certificate), then switched to Dejection back in high school, quickly followed by Detachment in college and Dropping the ball (or Delirium?) when it came to relationships and emotional attachment.

OK so it's taken some time, but I've got a better grip on the frame these days, and recognize that standing upside down and tilting my head sideways to see things that ain't in The Big Picture still won't make 2+2 ever add up to 6.

I've become a big fan of Discernment instead ... and of relying less on Disagreement, Divisiveness, Digression and Delusion, too.


Proverbs 17:10
"A rebuke impresses a man of discernment more than a hundred lashes a fool."

Proverbs 2:4-6
"And if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,

then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.

For the Lord gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."

Psalm 34:4
"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."

No comments: