Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bad Company

What would you say if I told you ...

I've got a friend who comes by at night on weekends and drills holes in the side of my house? (I live on a boat, so that would be bad)

I've got a friend who's constantly trying to set me up with his most recent ex-girlfriend?

That I've got another friend ... who can't help but dump her trash in the back of my truck every time she walks past?

Would ya wince and wonder What's Wrong with my friends ... or would ya maybe start wondering What's Wrong with MY Choice of friends?

Would ya have much sympathy if I started whining, and complained that (a) My boat's sinking; (b) My love life's just one loser after another; or (c) Everybody thinks my truck stinks?

Would ya wanna sit down with me and patiently try explaining why won't people act right and behave like they're supposed to?

Or would you tell me to get rid of "friends" and "relationships" who add unnecessary complications, grief and confusion to my life?

Like oh, duh.

-- -- --

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.
- 1 Corinthians 15:33-34