Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Blue Book aboard Blue Horizons

Yesterday afternoon I got invited to take a quick tour of a charter yacht, Blue Horizons, that's moored here at the marina. I especially enjoyed seeing the walk-in engine room ... which has more room than my entire boat. Lots more.



Oh, and she has an elevator, too. Really.

This is the galley (which also has more room than my entire boat). Under the cook top on the right is a dishwasher; it's all one unit. Neat.


Here's the master cabin:


You can see more photos here, and take a video tour here.

I couldn't help but ask about fuel economy. At full speed (22 knots/25 mph) she burns 100 gallons of fuel per hour. Normal cruise speed (8 knots/9.5 mph) sips a mere 18 gallons per hour.

Thanks to Captain Marty for the tour, and for his patience in answering my questions.