Sunday, August 10, 2008

I know a Christian when I (don't) see one

I found a friend willing to let me use this laptop while mine's awaiting a critical component transplant. In the meantime, thanks to my friend Fran for filling in; I hope to be back soon.

Also thanks to Brent Sears, recently returned from Malaysia, for his prayers, for his friendship, and for reminding me ...


Too often "Christians" try to define themselves and identify their faith by what they don't do.

"Christians don't drink, don't dance, don't listen to rock music, don't go to movies on Sundays, don't wear jeans to church, don't associate with sinners and don't smoke" (unless they're deacons).

Don't don't don't don't almost becomes a source of pride and a way of proving an "Us versus Them" superiority.

But what did Christ command that we do?


A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
- John 13:34