Friday, January 05, 2007

Chocolate Coconuts & Fazoli's - updated

It's More Important to Sound Good than to Smell Good
I swung by the mall this afternoon and picked up a bottle of cologne ... something I do regularly every five or ten years.

After the saleslady stopped laughing at my first choice (after asking "So when's the big prom?") she suggested I try Santana instead (yeah, Carlos Santana). I thought it smelled like chocolate coconut milk but bought it anyway, because the set included a nifty Sanata Live CD.

I saw Santana live in concert once and always hated that he never released a version of Black Magic Woman with the rift from Jimi Hendrix's Third Stone from the Sun near the end, the way Santana played it that night.

This CD has it.

It's also got Maria, Maria (think it was called Jingo on his first LP) ... worth smelling tropically exotic for.

Fun Fabulous Friday with Frashley Fran at Fazoli's
We ducked inside just before the rain came roaring down Clemson Boulevard, watched traffic wheeze to a stop and promised not to think about brownies till after we'd eaten.

Hey FF, I gotta embarrass you a little bit and say how much I always look forward to seeing you. You're fun to be around, one of the most sincere and honest people I've ever known, I don't think you've got a malicious bone in your body and you've got a knack for saying absurdly funny things when I least expect it and I think somehow we must be related.

"I'll make you fat and jolly on peanutbutter pie."

I've never seen you get angry or impatient, not even about Hoo-Haas, without turning the situation into a joke, which makes you even more fun to be around.

(Poor FF and AF, they practically get to see me throw temper tantrums once a week, roll around the floor kicking, screaming and pulling my hair, demanding to be taken home Right Now! but neither one ever holds grudges, yells back or threatens to leave me at home if I can't start behaving :-) I'm boating-challenged, and staying up past 9 PM waiting to be towed back to the marina makes me grouchy.

Fran thank you for being my friend.

And next time we gotta remember to go back for the brownies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much and thanks for your friendship as well!!!

ff