Thursday, January 04, 2007

What's my number - updated

I can't believe what I've done. I've reactivated my cell phone. Now it's glaring up at me, like a live rattlesnake ringing on top of my desk.

I hate cell phones and am already ashamed of having one.

Ring a ding, just great.

Oooooh, ooooooh. Now I think I need a Crackberry.

I can hardly run downstairs to microwave a pizza without patting my pocket first to make sure the phone will go with me.

That's gotta stop. Now.

The Blue Book's Your Time Is Precious, and Spending Time With You Is Awesome Promise:

Okay, I expect you ... who are my closest Friends ... to hold me to it.

This applies if you and I are of the opposite gender: If my cell phone rings in your presence during a pre-arranged meeting of any kind, I will:

1. Give you $100
2. Vacuum, clean your house, be your butler, do your grocery shopping and be your yardman for one (1) week
3. Destroy the phone on the spot

My reasoning here is simple: in your presence you deserve my 100% undivided attention ... even if we're only casual acquaintances or "just friends."

I'm serious. I hate cell phones .... and besides, You are worth much more than that.

Now turn the volume up loud enough to turn the tide ... remembering that genuine passion can't exist unless integrity and commitment come first.

The First Time Ever "Click n' Listen" Playlist (Redeux)
:
(She's So Heavy)



1 comment:

o.r.p. said...

AMEN! Preach it, Joe! :-)
--b