Monday, January 29, 2007

Rock that boat up and down the coast? - updated

Hmmm.

Somehow it's easier adding ZZ Top and 30-year old Jimi Hendrix tunes to The Playlist than it is trying to make sense of new lyrics.

Somebody down on the Gulf coast texted me their playlist today, Cowboy by Kid Rock, [from the album Devil Without A Cause, go figure] along with instructions to "Adjust volume as necessary."

Too much trouble to re-write all the lyrics, but just a little bit switched around here for fun ...

Buy an old boat with a flag sayin' He's my friend
Then rock around the world in my leaky little barge
Say a prayer every Sunday and go park cars
Standin' round back 'cause the crowd's so large
Find an empty seat and tell my friends
Jesus is coming - just don't know when.
Start a fifth service for all the right reasons
A sixth is coming by this time next season

I'd stay here with the real mccoy
Cause I trust his will and that's the whole plan
To be more like him in every way I can

No comments: