Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Operating System Degradation

I like Ken and consider myself a bonafide card-carrying member of AVCLUB. Still, I puzzle over all the fuss about Macs.

I'm not gonna get started on all the reasons why PC's are better. Not just because the arguments are obvious, but also because LOST starts up again soon and nothing feels more miserable than the rejection of being bounced out the backdoor from the Wilson household (at least, this is what dj told me).

So I won't gloat here about the firestorm of headaches to be expected from a computer that intentionally named itself after a fruit.

ps. wasn't it Eve who took the first byte?



-from Apple Matters: Five Reasons Why There Will BE No More Macs in 2010

"Credit the people who love the platform, or OS X for the machine’s resilience, but don’t count on the Mac being there forever. The era of the all-in-one hardware and software solution has been gone for at least the last ten years, even though Apple hasn’t quite caught on yet. Here are five reasons why Apple will catch on and abandon Mac hardware by the start of the next decade."

No comments: