Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Looking inward, or outward?

If you believe in evolution (which I don't), seems like you'd be wondering why human beings evolved with such a propensity to, when facing anger and frustration, turn their focus inward and rivet their attention upon Everything That Makes Me Unhappy.

No one treats me like I deserve.

I'm always the one in my relationship to give in and keep quiet. Everybody expects the most from me at work. No one pays attention to my opinions. Nobody takes me seriously.

I don't like how my church does things. Isn't my opinion as good as anybody else's?

I do and I do for other people but nobody every does anything to help me. I listen and listen to other peoples' problems, but nobody ever wants to listen to me. I never get any credit for all the things I've accomplished and you gotta be stupid not to see I'm smarter than anybody else.

No one knows what I've been through and have to put up with every day ... I feel like I'm invisible.
Most of all, I can't understand why I'm so miserable and unhappy.


We focus on ME and assign importance to our unhappiness ... and then wonder why the view never changes.