Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wow, you're so HOT in that blouse ... wanna move in and start messing up my life?

Because love and passion is new and unfamiliar territory to teenagers, they're likely to express their emotions with awed and significant terms like "True Love," "Forever" and "Always."

But shoot, I'm not talking about love-sick teenagers ... I'm talking about grown mens and womens.   Meaning, middle-aged folks ("middle age" means anyone older than me) with the experience and wisdom to behave better.

Or better behave.

Whether they're recently divorced, newly broken-up or long-term singles, wow ... when Love (meaning, lust) lands on their shoulders, shouldn't they know better than to pass-out with passion?  

Oh no, that's not the case at all.

I'm starting to think middle-aged folks fall harder and get knocked sillier than their middle-school counterparts ... folks in their 40s and 50s just go nuts with infatuation and daydreams: 

"Hey since we've known each other for almost two weeks, wanna move in and start helping me make critical life-altering decisions?  Like, should I change jobs so we can spend more time together?

"Should I cancel my health insurance at work, and get added to your coverage instead? 

"Should I pay off my charge cards or use the available credit to buy myself a new plasma TV?  Let's compromise, and use both our cards to take a 5-star vacation instead!"

Then three weeks later, as if proceeding according to an unspoken script, the relationship's over more quickly than it started, and the quest for passion continues unimpeded.  Each experience of falling in love is exciting and wonderful and each time feels new all over again.

Just seems handling the consequences of decisions forged in hot romantic fires would start getting OLD after a while.